- Title Pages
- 1 Three Slave Societies of the Non-Cotton South
- 2 The Nature of Agricultural Labor
- 3 Family Contact during Working Hours
- 4 Family-Based Internal Economies
- 5 Slaveholding across Time and Space
- 6 Marriage Strategies and Family Formation
- 7 Forced Separation
- 8 Weathering Different Storms
- Primary Sources
- Secondary Sources
- New Perspectives on the History of the South Edited by John David Smith
- The Quarters and the Fields
- University Press of Florida
Florida Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.