- Title Pages
- 1 Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Urban South
- 2 Slavery and Urban Life
- 3 Antebellum Municipal Politics and Social Control
- 4 Postwar Wage Labor and Petty Capital Formation
- 5 Racial and Ethnic Relations during Reconstruction
- 6 The German <i>Schuetzenfest</i> and the Culture of White Supremacy
- 7 Postwar Municipal Politics and the Failure of Reconstruction
- Jeff Strickland is associate professor of history at Montclair State University.
- Southern Dissent
Florida Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.