- Title Pages
- 1 Slave and Citizen in the Modern World
- 2 “Erroneous and Incongruous Notions of Liberty”
- 3 “Surrounded on All Sides by an Armed and Brutal Mob”
- 4 “It Looks Much Like Abandoned Land”
- 5 Anarchy at the Circumference
- 6 “The Negroes Are No Longer Slaves”
- 7 Ex-Slaveholders and the Ku Klux Klan
- 8 Drovers, Distillers, and Democrats
- 9 Mapping Freedom's Terrain
- 10 Class, Factionalism, and the Radical Retreat
New Perspectives on the History of the South
- After Slavery
- University Press of Florida
Florida Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.